Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Saying Goodbye...It Never Gets Easier

It's funny looking back on 6 years ago, leaving Montana, and thinking "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!" Coming to Colorado was a difficult time in my life. I was leaving behind a place of comfort, my friends, my awesome job and countless clients, but mostly my FAMILY! Face it; I came here kicking and screaming and wishing I were back in my snowcap mountains, dirt roads, wide open wheat fields, and endless blue skies. On my first day here, my husband drove me out to Schriever which I comically refer to as "Area 52". I thought, "Dear heavens! Where are on Earth are you taking me?" In case you've never had the pleasure of driving past garbage heap after garbage heap, you've never truly enjoyed the experience of good ol' Highway 94. 

It didn't take long after moving in to our new home that friends, good friends, were made, playgroups were found, and a spoil of riches on every corner. Especially when your hometown now has a Wal-mart AND a Target on every corner. I mean seriously, whoever came up with the Designer Shoe Warehouse was brilliant and deserves some kind of an award, but I digress! Needless to say "HOME" took on a whole different meaning for me. Home IS where the heart is, and the last 6 blissful years, my heart has resided in Colorado.


There is a hymn that comes to my mind when I think of my time here: 



  1. Each life that touches ours for good
    Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
    Thou sendest blessings from above
    Thru words and deeds of those who love.
What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.

So many friends, too many to count, have crossed my path and each one has been for my betterment. I have treasured each and every one of you more than you know. Saying good-bye to some of you has been incredibly hard. Tears have been shed and giggles stifled looking back on fond memories. This place will forever be a time of personal growth, measurable triumphs, and timeless laughter. As my heart flies away on a big jetliner, I'm leaving a piece of it with you all. For if home is where the heart is, just remember YOU are my other home. I love you all! Farewell for now! ~K




2 comments:

  1. God be with you until we meet again. I'm grateful you started this blog. I will love your insights in to England. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find what you're looking for in my blog, Miss Candy. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete